Mission and Values
At UPMC, we cultivate a new idea of health care. Through scientific, technological, and medical innovation, we inspire and promote a responsible, cost-efficient and person-centered model of care.
Our mission is to provide excellent care, develop clinical innovation, biomedical and health services, and continued investment in research and training. In doing so, we want to help transform the current health system and shape the one of the future.
Our values are:
- Quality and safety: To create a safe care environment where high quality of performance is our guiding principle.
- Dignity and respect: To treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Attention and listening: Because we care about our patients, our colleagues, and everyone at our facilities.
- Responsibility and integrity: To ensure high standards of responsibility and integrity in the medical and specialist services we offer.
- Excellence and innovation: Because we think creatively, aiming for excellence in everything we do.