UPMC-OMCeO Memorandum of Understanding Signed by the Province of Rome
Memorandum of Understanding signed between UPMC and the Order of Physicians and Dentists of the Province of Rome. The primary objective is the training of medical personnel and research activities, for an ever better health offer in the area.
UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), an academic health group affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh, and the Order of Physicians and Dentists of the Province of Rome, announce the signing of a new Memorandum of Understanding aimed at developing a training offer aimed at doctors and dentists in the territory of Rome and its province. The agreement was signed by the president of the Capitoline doctors, Antonio Magi, and the COO and medical-scientific director of UPMC in Italy, Giovanni Vizzini.
The agreement, lasting three years, deepens and consolidates the collaboration already in place between the two parties, with the aim of improving the personal, social and cultural well-being of the population that lives and works in Rome and the surrounding area. Green light, therefore, to the conception and planning of collaborative initiatives in the following areas:
- joint research projects in areas of mutual interest;
- exchange of publications and academic reports (also through the Italian medical journal);
- organization of training events such as symposia, seminars and conferences also online (FAD – CME);
- joint participation in national and international tenders;
- organization and promotion of scholarships for young doctors, with the attraction of specific funding;
- exchange opportunities for visiting doctors and researchers;
- support for the recognition/temporary authorization of medical practice in Italy for training purposes for UPMC Pittsburgh (USA) doctors, who do not have a recognized degree in Europe;
- other activities related to the development of medicine and knowledge in the medical-scientific field.
The agreement also provides for specialist and research collaboration between UPMC and OMCeO for the submission of projects following national and international public calls/notices.