Pediatric Transplantation at UPMC
UPMC offers pediatric liver, kidney, and lung transplant programs and abdominal surgery.
Book a Visit at UPMC
UPMC offers pediatric transplant services at the following facility:
Pediatric Transplant Program: What is It?
At IRCCS ISMETT – UPMC, a hospital in Palermo managed by UPMC, there is a pediatric transplant program for young patients who need a liver, kidney, or lung transplant or who are diagnosed with severe abdominal disease. The Institute is also a regional reference center for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of:
- Rare metabolic and autoimmune diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
- Congenital malformation of the liver and abdomen.
Pediatric Transplant Services Available at UPMC
- Liver transplant.
- Liver transplant from a living donor.
- Kidney transplant.
- Kidney transplant from a living donor.
IRCCS ISMETT – UPMC deals with the treatment of the following diseases:
- Atresia of the biliary tract.
- Cirrhosis from cholestasis.
- Cirrhosis of other causes.
- Acute hepatic failure.
- Chronic renal failure.
- Metabolic diseases.
- Rare kidney disease.
- Liver tumors.