Interventional Radiology at UPMC
Interventional radiology procedures are the therapy of choice for many conditions that in the past were treated exclusively with traditional surgery. At UPMC, we have extremely precise, cutting-edge equipment to aid the specialist and patient during all phases of treatment, from pre-operative to follow-up.
In particular, the interventions carried out at UPMC are minimally invasive and are performed percutaneously. They are guided by high-tech imaging techniques, and by CT scans, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and magnetic resonance imaging.
Book Interventional Radiology Procedures at UPMC
At UPMC, we offer interventional radiology services at the following facilities:
Interventional Radiology Procedures at UPMC
At UPMC, our physicians are experts in using complex procedures for diagnostics and surgical treatments. These include:
- Interventional radiological procedures (e.g. biopsies and drainage – even in emergency conditions).
- Invasive or minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. They use sophisticated radiological methods, including: fluoroscopy, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound.
- Vascular and extra-vascular procedures.
- Spinal interventional CT guided (eg: vertebroplasty, spacers, radioablation).
Compared to traditional surgical methods, the procedures proposed by our specialists offer several advantages, including:
- Lower risk in the operative phase.
- Reduced pain in the post-operative phase.
- Shorter hospitalizations.
We offer medical services and services on a private basis or in agreement with the main insurance companies. Some of our services are also affiliated with the National Health System.
For more information on active agreements, visit: