Andrology and Urology at UPMC Salvator Mundi International Hospital
At the Andrology and Urology Center of the UPMC Salvator Mundi International Hospital, our team is at the patient's disposal for the entire care pathway. The team specializes in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of all the pathologies related to the urinary system, in both men and women, and to the male genital and reproductive system. For the treatment of urological, andrological, and sexual disorders, our medical specialists use the most up-to-date methodologies and minimally invasive technologies.
- Low or absence of sex drive.
- Renal calculosis.
- Erectile disorders (erectile impotence, early, delayed or absent ejaculation).
- Ego-dystonic sexual orientation.
- Short frenulum.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Peyronie's disease, or induratio penis plastica, commonly referred to as congenital curvature.
- Urogenital prolapse.
- Tumors of the urogenital system (testicular cancer, neoplastic malformation of genitalia, prostate cancer or cancer of the prostate).
The Rezum system for the treatment of the benign prostatic hypertrophy
Our team treats Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) using the Rezum technique. This is innovative, endoscopic method uses the heat energy of water vapor by injections in the area where obstruction is present. The Center is led by Dr. Carlo Molinari.
Collagenases for the treatment of Peyronie's disease or induratio penis plastica or congenital curvature
Collangenases is a new alternative to surgery. It is a cutting-edge treatment that is minimally invasive and non-surgical. Here, an enzyme is injected into the plaque responsible for the curvature. Dr. Giuseppe La Pera leads this center.
Robotic Surgery in Urology
Robotic surgery with the da Vinci® system represents an advanced technology that allows surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries through small incisions. This system consists of a control console, a high-definition 3D camera, and robotic arms equipped with surgical instruments. Using the console, the surgeon can view the inside of the patient's body in 3D and high definition, providing a complete and detailed view of the surgical field.
Compared with traditional surgical techniques and classic minimally invasive surgery, surgery with the da Vinci® system offers numerous advantages:
- Increased precision
- Reduction in postoperative complications and hospital stay time
- Reduction in operator tremor
- Increased resolution of the operative field view due to stereoscopic 3D imaging and direct control of the operator's gaze.
- Reduced need for blood transfusions
- Fewer reinterventions and second hospitalizations.
In urology, the Da Vinci robot is used to treat a wide range of pathologies, particularly uro-oncological ones such as:
- Prostate cancers
- Tumors of the kidney and urinary tract
- Bladder tumors
Additionally, the Da Vinci robot is particularly helpful in reconstructive surgery, including:
- Bladder reconstruction after bladder removal for neoplasms
- Reconstructive surgeries of the female pelvic floor for incontinence and genital prolapse.
- Specialist outpatient visits for urological/andrological disorders.
- Innovative, non-surgical treatments (e.g., collagenases).
- Endoscopic treatment by water vapour (Rezum technique).
- Treatment of calculus disease.
- Treatment of stress urinary incontinence.
- Laser treatment of prostatic hypertrophy.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Urogenital reconstructive surgery, penile prothesis.
- Post-surgery rehabilitation.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation.
- RiSANI sector: LISW method, personalized supplements, personalized dosage of erectogenic drugs.
- Diagnostics sector and IPP therapy. ESWT, intralesional injections, personalized supplements.
- Male sexual antiaging sector.
- Treatment of sexual dysfunctions.
- Treatment of male infertility.
- Prof. Alessandro Amici
- Prof. Claudio Anceschi
- Dr. Andrea Cantiani
- Prof. Antonio Carbone
- Prof. Mauro Cervigni
- Dr. Stefania Cuzari
- Dr. Giampaolo Delicato
- Dr. Pasquale Gambardella
- Dr. Giuseppe La Pera
- Dr. Andrea Lemma
- Dr. Domenico Marzano
- Prof. Carlo Molinari
- Dr. Maria Rosaria Pareo
- Dr. Mariangela Pozza
- Dr. Tommaso Riga
- Prof. Francesco Sasso
- Dr. Stefano Signore
- Dr. Andrea Vincenzoni
Andrology and Urology at UPMC
We offer medical services and services on a private basis or in agreement with the main insurance companies. Some of our services are also affiliated with the National Health System.
For more information on active agreements, visit: