Head and Neck MRI at UPMC
At UPMC, head and neck MRI services are available for the study of the region including the nose and sinuses paranasal, maxillary, ethmoid, temporomandibular joints, salivary glands, larynx, pharynx, and orbits.
Book an Appointment
At UPMC, we offer head and neck MRI services at the following facilities:
Head and Neck MRI: What to Expect
In the event that it is to be performed with contrast medium, creatinine examination is required. After the interview with the radiologist, the patient is made to lie in a supine position on the resonance table, with the head lying in the appropriate support, surrounded by a transceiver coil.
- Sinusitis, deviation of the nasal septum, nasal polyposis, benign, and malignant tumors of the facial massif.
- Staging of tumors of the pharynx and larynx.
- Benign and malignant tumors of thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Pathology of the carotid space: tumors (paraganglioma, schwannoma), jugular thrombosis, cysts of the II gill arch.
- Benign and malignant tumors, inflammatory pathology, retro bulbar optic neuritis, evaluation of the intrinsic musculature of the orbit.
- Dysfunctions of the temporomandibular joints and bone structures.
- Adenopathies, benign tumors (lipoma, lymphangioma), and malignant of the neck.
To Whom Our Services Are Addressed
The examination is usually requested by a specialist doctor depending on the symptoms and clinical suspicion.
We offer medical services and services on a private basis or in agreement with the main insurance companies. Some of our services are also affiliated with the National Health System.
For more information on active agreements, visit: